Acid is an essential substance for the human body. It is needed so that the internal organs can function properly and smoothly. Citric acid is directly involved in the metabolic process at the cellular level. That’s why its benefits for people who are losing weight are simply invaluable.
Efficacy of citric acid in weight loss
Admittedly, citric acid does not have fat burning properties, but it is considered a powerful natural antioxidant and is very useful for people who want to lose weight.
Consider what happens in the body when swallowed:
- The walls of the esophagus better absorb nutrients;
- the cavity of the internal organs is cleansed of harmful toxins;
- strong slag and fecal stones are removed;
- blood circulation becomes more intense;
- metabolic processes are improved;
- removes excess fluid, causing swelling to be removed;
There is a
- cell rejuvenation.
It does not take much effort to achieve a positive result with citric acid. It is enough to drink acidified clean water. To lose extra pounds, citric acid should be dissolved in warm water or diluted with lemon juice.
Many different techniques have been developed that can be used to achieve good results. Let's consider the most efficient.
Weight loss with citric acid in a week
The scheme of this weight loss method is very simple and is designed for use within 7 days. Every day a person who wants to lose weight must drink at least 2-3 liters of clean water. This will prevent dehydration of the body and not slow down metabolic processes.
Dissolve a teaspoon of citric acid in one liter of warm water. It is recommended to drink the obtained drink daily in the amount of 180 ml, 1. 5 hours after each meal, for the best taste, it is allowed to add a little honey.
Weight is lost because the appetite is extinguished, but meals should not be skipped, you must eat in small meals about 5 times a day. During such a diet, it is recommended to eat fresh or cooked vegetables, seafood, cereals, proteins and lean meat.
Weight loss with citric acid in a month
The scheme of this diet is also very simple and is designed for a month. All you need are 2 ingredients that exist in every home - citric acid and pure water. However, in order to achieve a positive effect and not harm your body, you need to know exactly in what proportion to prepare a drink:
- From 1 to 7 days.It is necessary to take 250 ml of pure water and dissolve half a dessert spoon of citric acid in it. This drink should be drunk three times a day: after breakfast, an hour after lunch and half an hour before dinner. The diet should be dominated by seafood during the week.
- From 8 to 14 days.Measure 280 ml of clean water and dissolve a teaspoon of acid in it. The resulting drink should be divided into 3 equal parts and consumed according to the following scheme: 20 minutes after the first breakfast, half an hour before lunch, an hour before the last meal. The diet these days should be dominated by dishes with lean meat and protein.
- From 15 to 21 days.To prepare a drink, you need to take 300 ml of clean water and dissolve one and a half teaspoons of acid in it. The solution should be consumed in the same way as the previous week. It is recommended to eat cooked vegetables and cereals.
- From 22 to 28 days.One teaspoon of acid should be dissolved in 150 ml of clean water. You must drink the drink in 2 doses - after breakfast and before dinner. The diet should be balanced.
External use of acid is safer for a person who wants to lose weight. However, if you do not start eating rationally first, do not give up bad habits, do not remove confectionery products from the menu, then the result cannot be expected.
- To prepare the mixture, take 200 g of black, green or blue clay, add 4 chicken eggs, one and a half teaspoons of acid, 100 g of sour cream and mix everything with a mixer. The acid must be completely dissolved, otherwise burns may remain on the skin.
- Then the resulting mixture is applied to the places from which cellulite should be removed, most often the thighs and abdomen, then wrapped in 4-5 layers of plastic foil, and warm clothes are placed on them.
- The mixture is kept for 30-40 minutes, but if the skin burns badly, then it is washed off earlier. At the end of the procedure, an anti-cellulite cream is applied.
For maximum results, wrapping should be performed once every 2 days, while it is better to alternate the color of the clay.
What is the danger?
People who choose to lose weight internally with citric acid should keep in mind that this method is not absolutely safe.
If you use this product uncontrolled, the functioning of organs and systems may be impaired:
- Due to the fact that the drink has a strong concentration and contains acids in its composition, it negatively affects the tooth enamel, increasing its sensitivity. In addition, the oral mucosa is irritated, leading to ulcers.
- There was a negative effect of acid on the stomach walls. In this regard, this method is strictly prohibited for people who face gastritis or gastric ulcer.
- With the help of citric acid, excess fluid is removed from the body and relieves edema. However, it should be borne in mind that along with the excess, the necessary fluid for the normal functioning of the organs is removed.
- People who use acids frequently face apathy, energy loss, anxiety and insomnia. The person believes that they have started to lose extra pounds, but in reality the amounts disappear due to lack of fluid in the body.
- The results obtained with citric acid are short-lived. Very soon after a person stops taking the product and starts eating normally again, the weight returns, and sometimes even in double volume.
- Healthcare professionals believe that internal acid intake increases the risk of cancer.
If, despite all the above, a person decides to lose weight with citric acid to reduce harm to the body, the following recommendations should be followed:
- Do not exceed the recommended doses. If you put 3 tablespoons of acid in a glass of water instead of one, then the metabolic processes will not increase, but the stomach will suffer very quickly.
- You cannot drink sour drinks on an empty stomach and in one gulp. This should be done slowly, preferably with a straw, and only after or during the meal.
- In addition to drinking, the body needs help to lose weight. You need to get rid of overeating, use fatty and flour products, bad habits, and also set aside at least half an hour a day for gymnastic exercises. Otherwise, the result may not come at all.
- Be sure to eat oatmeal, chicken soup, cooked vegetables these days. Thus, the stomach will have the correct acid-base balance, and the body will quickly get used to the acidic beverage.
- To avoid damaging tooth enamel, rinse your mouth with plain water after each drink.
Before trying to lose weight with citric acid, you need to make sure that there are no contraindications for this method.
For people facing another way to lose weight should be found:
- any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- pathology of the kidneys and bladder;
- tendency to allergic reactions;
- skin diseases.
- when you are carrying a baby and breastfeeding.
Consumption of large amounts of citric acid is very harmful to the human body. Therefore, before you decide to lose weight with this method, you must carefully weigh all its advantages and disadvantages. And if, however, a decision is made, then you can use the acid only after consulting a nutritionist.